Welcome to Music Together at StoryTree Music! We are thrilled to make music with you and your little ones. Please read the information below. You will be required to mark that you have read and understand our policies on your registration form. We value keeping open communication within our Music Together community. If, at any time, you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to speak directly to me or email me at email@example.com. I will do my best to answer any questions you may have and address your concerns.
Registration and Payments
- Registration is confirmed when payment is received. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until payment is made. You must make your payment prior to your class start date. Payments will no longer be accepted in class.
- Tuition includes a non-refundable $35 registration fee. TUITION IS NON-REFUNDABLE AFTER THE FIRST CLASS. Refund requests must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the end of the first class. Refunds are given as a check via mail. Class curriculum materials are not returnable.
- Payment must be made in full by the first class.
- Registrations are not accepted after the 3rd class. Late registrations may make up missed classes due to late registration and still receive 2 standard make-up classes based on space availability. Make-up classes must be scheduled ahead of time and are available on a first come first served basis. Please email Becky at email@example.com to schedule a make-up.
- If you wish to mail your payment (checks only), please email firstname.lastname@example.org for address.
Please do not attend class if you are sick. You can schedule a make-up. We do our best to maintain a clean environment. Our rental facilities are required to provide a clean floor in our contract. Instruments that have been orally explored during class are kept separate and sanitized at the end of class. Instruments are disinfected weekly between classes and hand sanitizer is available for use before and after class if you so desire.
If class must be canceled for any reason (including teacher illness), you will receive a phone call informing you that class is cancelled. Cancelled classes will be made up at the end of the session.
- Two make-up classes per family are available each semester on a first come, first served basis and is subject to availability. Make-up classes are not guaranteed. We will do our best to accommodate requests.
- You MUST sign up ahead of time to attend a make-up class. Email Becky at email@example.com to schedule make-ups.
- Make-up classes may not be carried over to next semester. Please schedule your make-up class early to avoid an "end of semester" rush.
- Because of city zoning requirements for our business license, we can only have a certain number of children in each class at a given time. Please be courteous and schedule a make-up. If you know ahead of time that you will be unable to attend a class, please email and let us know. We can use your spot for another make-up.
- If you signed up for Music Together through the City of Orange, you may only attend classes offered through the city due to insurance and liability. Conversely, only students registered for the city class may attend. The city class is not available for outside make-ups for outside students. At this time, there is only one class being offered with the city and as such there are no other offerings for make-up classes. Unfortunately, there will be no make-up classes for City of Orange participants. However, StoryTree Music allows any family to "try-out" or "preview" a class for FREE at our private location. You are welcome to take advantage of this offering up to 2 times per session with the understanding that it is separate and not a part of your Music Together class offered through the City of Orange. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your preview class.
- We value your referrals! That lets us know that you enjoy our classes and want to share them with family and friends!
- One $20 discount is given per referral. A referral refers to a paid registration that names YOU on their registration form as a referral.
- Once referral is confirmed, you will receive an email with payment instructions reflecting your discount.
- Referral discounts may not carry over to the next semester.
- One discount is available per student per semester.
- Any child, and his/her family, is welcome to visit their very first class FREE. Please email email@example.com to schedule your visit.
- Additional classes for drop-ins are limited and subject to availability. Drop-in rates are $25 for the first child and $5 for each additional child per drop-in class.
- Any non-registered sibling (age 0-5) of current registered student may attend one class per semester FREE. Non-registered siblings may attend additional classes at a drop-in rate of $15 per class.
- ALL drop-ins are subject to availability and are required to be scheduled ahead of time. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- 100% of fees collected from Drop-ins go directly to our scholarship fund.
General Classroom Guidelines
We value creating a unique music making community not only for our children, but for ourselves, as parents, too. During Music Together classes, we allow an open environment in which children can move, learn and grow in their unique and individual ways. We work together to create this environment and to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all. We allow children to participate in whatever way that they choose and as such, we encourage parents to resist the urge to "correct" their children musically. Instead we encourage you to model behaviors for them, specifically modeling music-making. However, for safety reasons, we do need to establish guidelines for the classroom. Please note that some of these guidelines are required by our contracted facilities.
- Please no food or drink allowed. Enjoy your snacks and drinks outside before or after class. Nursing during class is welcome.
- Walking feet only. No running (unless indicated in a song). Music can be so exciting! For the safety of your little one and others, please use walking feet.
- Watch your feet moving around the room. Many of our songs involve dancing and moving. We ask that while you enjoy the music, you also watch out for little ones below as well as for instruments and props. We want to maintain as safe an environment as we can to avoid accidents.
- Please use gentle hands.
- No throwing. Again, music can be so exciting! We ask that you model proper care of the instruments and props for your child.
- No "rough housing." Music can cause excitement. However, we ask that we all use gentle hands with one another.
- Children are welcome to be "free range," but must stay within the confines of the classroom. Please remain within arm’s reach of your child should s/he require redirection for safety.
- Please close the door behind you when entering/exiting as we do have "free-range" children.
- Please do not attempt to step over baby gates while carrying a child.
- Parents, grandparents, and caregivers are welcome to attend class at any time---no need to ask permission! Please kindly give us a “heads-up” via email.
- All other guests (including older siblings who may be home from school and other extended family or friends interested in trying a Music Together class) are available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be guaranteed. Please email ahead of time to schedule their visit at email@example.com.
- We understand that scheduling conflicts can arise. Any non-registered sibling (age 0-5) of current registered student may attend one class per semester FREE. Non-registered siblings may attend additional classes at a drop-in rate of $15 per class. 100% of fees collected from Drop-ins go directly to our scholarship fund.
- Because of city zoning requirements for our business license, we can only have a certain number of children in each class at a given time. Please be courteous and schedule guests ahead of time.
Photography, Cell Phones & Talking
- Please no cameras, photography or recording videos during class. We understand wanting to capture these precious music-making moments with your child. However, it causes a distraction to the rest of the class and prevents you from being present and modeling music to your child.
- You are welcome to "stage" pictures of your little ones with instruments after class. Please let us know and we can help you select instruments for your pictures.
- No cell phones during class. Please do your Facebook check-ins prior to class. Turn off your sounds and leave your phone with your belongings outside of the music circle.
- If you are expecting a call or need to take an emergency call, please feel free to do so. We ask that you keep your phone on vibrate and step out of the room to take the call. If it isn't an emergency, then it can wait. You only have these 45 minutes to make music with your child in class.
- Please keep talking among adults to a minimum. Our children get this very special class time to interact with their important grown-ups face to face, singing and making Music Together!
- We do highly value building community here! We encourage you to meet up with other families after class to socialize rather than talking during class. Our locations are close to some neighborhood parks as well as coffee shops and malls. Please feel free to make plans with some other families from class! We do occasionally offer organized times for our families to socialize and build community outside of class as well.